Monday, January 26, 2009

9 Month Session with Keagan

So on saturday I had the pleasure of photographing the adorable Keagan Kirkham. His mom knew right away what she wanted...a white background, and a white shirt to match his other pictures. So that is how we started. It was a big change for me as I tend to lean towards more of a photojournalistic or lifestyle approach, utilizing the outdoors or favorite locations of a family. I never really thought studio work would be my thing. Nevertheless, I spent the morning transforming my tiny dining room into a studio and then once my model arrived got to work! :) Sara, Keagan's mom, quickly realized that this was going to be a bit more challenging than his previous pictures. Now crawling Keagan was ready to explore, he wanted nothing more than to be in my arms with my camera in his hand. This made photographing him a little difficult. But I was quick to ditch the tripod and get on the ground. What fun!!




Bonus: I wanted to try putting Keagan in the basket on my new bike. It turned out to be super cute, too bad I didn't try it earlier in this session when he was still alert and looking at the camera. Here are a few of my favorites......
























No comments:

Post a Comment